Metallurgist CAD Engineer – Qingdao, China
Unicast Inc is in search of a dynamic Metallurgist CAD Engineer (MCE) in Qingdao, China, to assist the Purchasing Department. The MCE interfaces and coordinates activities with our suppliers in China and assists the Engineering Department with quality control activities. This position needs someone who is fluent in both Chinese and English.
- Plan and execute Unicast QC program on parts at the supplier site or at the shipping ports according to supplier schedule.
- Develop and implement new inspection procedures and techniques.
- Write and publish QC reports and inspection certificate.
- Send report and photos to Unicast office after inspection.
- Prepare inspection checklist per customer inputs and testing protocols.
- Maintain files for each part including calibration report, non-conformance report, inspection report, measurement report.
- Identify casting defects and its causes, verify alloy metallurgy.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints.
- Communicate and follow up with the suppliers to monitor manufacturing schedule and shipping schedule, plan inspections, implement solutions for rejected parts (rework/new production request).
- Report on a weekly basis with the Purchasing manager based in Canada.
- Liaise with purchasing and engineering departments on non-conformances and quality issues.
- Provide technical support as required to the engineering department (work with drawing in SolidWorks, specify machining requirements and QC requirements).
- Handle other duties and assignments as requested.
- Excellent character.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to excellence.
- Self-motivated and can work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Diploma or Degree in Business (or other related discipline) or equivalent combination of work experience.
- 5 years of bookkeeping experience.
- 2+ years of inside sales experience, ideally in the industrial, mining or civil construction industries.
- Strong level of comfort in 2010 and above Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Compelling negotiation and selling skills.
Sound Like You?
Please send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you are our next iSR!
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “MEC-China” Application in the subject line.