Drag Chains for Coolers
Unicast Drag Chains are the industry choice for a wide range of heavy-duty applications where superior strength and abrasion resistance are needed.
The Unicast casting process enables the design of many wear protective features.
Unicast Proprietary Alloys for Different Applications
- Work hardening alloy: Manganese steel with chrome for high impact applications and temperatures up to 250C. A reliable industry favorite tested and proven worldwide.
- High-strength quench and tempered steel: A unique blend of chromium, manganese, moly, and nickel with carbon steel that provides three times the strength of carbon steel alone. Designed for high temperature and abrasive applications. Hardened for wear resistance and high strength.
Chromium Carbide Overlay
Extend chain wear life with hard surfacing of 55 to 60 Rockwell C hardness.
Scooped Wing/ Barrel Design
Scooped wing/barrel design creates a dead bed to capture wear protective material. Longer wear life.
Splined keeper on Hardened Steel Pin
Splined keeper on hardened steel pin retains the pins for the full life of the chain ensuring extended wear life and reliability.
Pin Head Protection
Pin head protection prevents wear on the pin and keeper while positioning the pin in place.
Unicast chains are cast using high integrity molding methods producing consistent, solid chain links which offer exceptional dimensional control of the chain. The one-step casting method eliminates failure due to weld cracks and greatly reduces production costs—a savings reflected in Unicast prices.
Features & Benefits
- 2 choices of alloy to suit your application
- Chromium carbide overlay to extend chain wear life
- One-piece casting produces a more consistent, solid chain links with no welds to fail
- Multiple performance features designed in to increase longevity: scooped wing/barrel shape, splined keeper on hardened steel pin, with pin head protection