Unicast Inc. is in search of a dynamic Metallurgist CAD Engineer to join our team!
- Prepare drawings using SolidWorks to design wear parts for existing and new products, from sketches and conversations with customers/sales rep.
- Make and design alloys recommendations to ensure proper fit, optimized wear, and weight.
- Review existing drawings and assess project requests.
- Consult with Sales Representatives to ensure draft model is accurate with respect to design and drafting standards.
- Inspect materials of incoming samples and records on quotes and drawing requests.
- Conduct quality controls (NDT) and non-conformances resolution with our foundries.
- Complete drawing requests with quoted items’ weight and materials, and forward to the responsible person.
- Assist Purchasing in getting quotes from suppliers, assessment of suppliers (yearly audit).
- Come up with creative solutions and drive design improvement, including product innovations R&D.
- Handle other duties and assignments as requested, including data management and reporting.
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering or relevant experience
- At least 5 years of drafting experience
- Experience with CAD software – SolidWorks experience a plus
- Design of similar products (Unicast Products)
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures
- Purchasing experience a plus
- Self-motivated, drive for results, detail oriented
- Work independently and as part of a team with a can do attitude
- Well organized, with the ability to set priorities, schedules, and multitask
- Good oral and written communications skills
- English fluency, both written and verbal – Chinese a plus
- Ability to read and interpret relevant documents, such as product specifications, technical and procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010
- Ability to travel
- Excellent character
Sound Like You?
Please send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you are perfect for the position!
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Metallurgist CAD Engineer – Kelowna” in the subject line.