Unicast Inc. is in search of a dynamic Metallurgist CAD Engineer to join our team!
- Prepare drawings using SolidWorks to design wear parts for existing and new products, from sketches and conversations with customers/sales rep.
- Make and design alloys recommendations to ensure proper fit, optimized wear, and weight.
- Review existing drawings and assess project requests.
- Consult with Sales Representatives to ensure draft model is accurate with respect to design and drafting standards.
- Inspect materials of incoming samples and records on quotes and drawing requests.
- Conduct quality controls (NDT) and non-conformances resolution with our foundries.
- Complete drawing requests with quoted items’ weight and materials, and forward to the responsible person.
- Assist Purchasing in getting quotes from suppliers, assessment of suppliers (yearly audit).
- Come up with creative solutions and drive design improvement, including product innovations R&D.
- Handle other duties and assignments as requested, including data management and reporting.
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering or relevant experience
- At least 5 years of drafting experience
- Experience with CAD software – SolidWorks experience a plus
- Design of similar products (Unicast Products)
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures
- Purchasing experience a plus
- Self-motivated, drive for results, detail oriented
- Work independently and as part of a team with a can do attitude
- Well organized, with the ability to set priorities, schedules, and multitask
- Good oral and written communications skills
- English fluency, both written and verbal – Chinese a plus
- Ability to read and interpret relevant documents, such as product specifications, technical and procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010
- Ability to travel
- Excellent character
Sound Like You?
Please send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you are perfect for the position!
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Metallurgist CAD Engineer – Kelowna” in the subject line.
Unicast Inc is in search of a dynamic Metallurgist CAD Engineer (MCE) in Qingdao, China, to assist the Purchasing Department. The MCE interfaces and coordinates activities with our suppliers in China and assists the Engineering Department with quality control activities. This position needs someone who is fluent in both Chinese and English.
- Plan and execute Unicast QC program on parts at the supplier site or at the shipping ports according to supplier schedule.
- Develop and implement new inspection procedures and techniques.
- Write and publish QC reports and inspection certificate.
- Send report and photos to Unicast office after inspection.
- Prepare inspection checklist per customer inputs and testing protocols.
- Maintain files for each part including calibration report, non-conformance report, inspection report, measurement report.
- Identify casting defects and its causes, verify alloy metallurgy.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints.
- Communicate and follow up with the suppliers to monitor manufacturing schedule and shipping schedule, plan inspections, implement solutions for rejected parts (rework/new production request).
- Report on a weekly basis with the Purchasing manager based in Canada.
- Liaise with purchasing and engineering departments on non-conformances and quality issues.
- Provide technical support as required to the engineering department (work with drawing in SolidWorks, specify machining requirements and QC requirements).
- Handle other duties and assignments as requested.
- Excellent character.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to excellence.
- Self-motivated and can work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Diploma or Degree in Business (or other related discipline) or equivalent combination of work experience.
- 5 years of bookkeeping experience.
- 2+ years of inside sales experience, ideally in the industrial, mining or civil construction industries.
- Strong level of comfort in 2010 and above Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Compelling negotiation and selling skills.
Sound Like You?
Please send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you are our next iSR!
Email your application to email@example.com. Please quote “MEC-China” Application in the subject line.